Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Two and Half Men vs The Octabulls

           




             This blog posting is courtesy of a heated discussion I had with a coworker after game 1 of the Bulls series. I stated that this series boils down to whether the Bulls 8 legitimate NBA players are better than the Heat's 2 and a half. Am I selling Chris Bosh a little short? Probably, but I cannot give him full credit as long as he continues to resemble Lisa Leslie more than Karl Malone. My coworker then began chastising me for not giving the Heat supporting cast enough credit. Is that even possible? That's like saying Michael Bay is not getting enough credit for his theatrical genius. We are talking about a group of has beens, never beens, and disappointments. Juwan Howard and Mike Bibby are ballers. That last sentence could only have been written before 1999. Those two were NBA stars back when everybody had pagers and wore Zubaz pants. Mike Miller has probably been the biggest free agency disappointment of the season. Udonis Haslem has been injured and ineffective and Joel Anthony is your starting center. After the big 2 and 1/2, Mario Chalmers is probably the Heat's best player. Would Mario Chalmers crack the Bulls top 5? 6? 7? Please hear me out, I don't think the Bulls are going to win 4 straight by 20+ pts. I did pick the Bulls when the series began though, because as the playoffs have progressed the Heat role players continue to be exposed. The Bulls are a well balanced team that can exploit the Heat's reliance on so few players. Can LeBron, Dwade, and Chrissy lift the Heat to victory? Yes, but they will have to be legendary and at least get 25 pts from the rest of those clowns. My money is on the Bulls in 6 or 7. I just think Noah, Gibson, Bogans, Deng, Brewer, and Korver will continue to outplay the Heat role players. This series is very appealing to basketball fans because not only does it have star power, but we are about to see whether 2 legendary talents can overcome the best TEAM in the league. Let's just hope the officials don't skew the results either direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment